ATTENTION: Online registration will open for the 2022-23 school year on Friday, April 15, 2022. OLR links will not be active until this date.
The Harris County School District is proud to announce Online Registration/verification for Harris County families, for the 2022-23 school year. Families that are new to Harris County will access the online registration by clicking the menu to the left titled, "New Student Registration." Be sure to select "Application Year 2023."
Current Harris County families will access the online registration/verification through their existing Parent Portal account by clicking the menu to the left titled, "Existing Student Registration." You will also have the option to add other (new/current) students within your existing household while updating your current registration. Be sure to select "Application Year 2023."
Please contact the data clerk/registrar at your student’s school if you need assistance setting up or accessing your Parent Portal account.
Deadlines for Registration and Verification:
1. Upcoming Kindergarten: Friday April 29, 2022.
2. Pre-K with confirmed assignments only: Friday April 29, 2022. (Though incoming Pre-K parents have already completed initial Pre-K registration, they are also REQUIRED to complete registration through OLR if they have a confirmed Pre-K assignment. Pre-K parents please refer to your acceptance letter for OLR instructions.)
3.Upcoming grades 1 through 12: Friday May 27, 2022
All students must be verified through OLR before class and/or teacher assignments can be made for the 2022-23 school year.
Please gather the following information prior to beginning the registration process:
- Household Information -- address, phone numbers, two proofs of residence dated within the past 60 days, including car tag, voter registration, mortgage statement or lease agreement, power bill, water bill, gas bill, or landline phone bill.
- Parent Information -- work and cell phone numbers, government issued photo ID, email addresses.
- Student Information -- demographic (including birth certificate and social security card) and health/medication information.
- Emergency Contact Information -- addresses and phone numbers.
- Documents to be uploaded -- Two proofs of residency, birth certificate, social security card, parent photo ID, immunization forms, eyes/ears/dental forms etc. (can be in any format such as photos (JPEG), PDF, or MS Word.)
Anyone using a residency affidavit to attend Harris County Schools may register/verify online according to the instructions above; however, all residency affidavit online registrations will be placed on hold until a new residency affidavit for the 2021-22 school year is approved in-person with the Harris County School District's Social Services Department. To make an appointment for this in-person Residency Affidavit Meeting, please call the Hope Center at 706-628-4206 Ext. 2301 and speak with Tiffany Steele.