ATTENTION: Online registration will open for the 2023-24 school year on Friday, April 14, 2023. OLR links for the 23-24 school year will not be active until this date.
If you are trying to register your child for Pre-K for the 23-24 school year, and have not completed a Pre-K application, please make sure you complete THIS FORM.
The Harris County School District is proud to announce Online Registration/verification for Harris County families, for the 2023-24 school year. Families that are new to Harris County will access the online registration by clicking the menu to the left titled, "New Student Registration." Be sure to select "Application Year 2023-24."
Current Harris County families will access the online registration/verification through their existing Parent Portal account by clicking the menu to the left titled, "Existing Student Registration." You will also have the option to add other (new/current) students within your existing household while updating your current registration. Be sure to select "Application Year 2023-24."
Please contact the data clerk/registrar at your student’s school if you need assistance setting up or accessing your Parent Portal account.
Deadlines for Registration and Verification:
1. Upcoming Kindergarten: Friday April 28, 2023.
2. Pre-K with confirmed assignments only: Friday April 28, 2023. (Though incoming Pre-K parents have already completed initial Pre-K registration, they are also REQUIRED to complete registration through OLR if they have a confirmed Pre-K assignment. Pre-K parents please refer to your acceptance letter for OLR instructions.)
3.Upcoming grades 1 through 12: Friday May 28, 2023
All students must be verified through OLR before class and/or teacher assignments can be made for the 2023-24 school year.
Please gather the following information prior to beginning the registration process:
- Household Information -- address, phone numbers, two proofs of residence dated within the past 60 days, including car tag, voter registration, mortgage statement or lease agreement, power bill, water bill, gas bill, or landline phone bill.
- Parent Information -- work and cell phone numbers, government issued photo ID, email addresses.
- Student Information -- demographic (including birth certificate and social security card) and health/medication information.
- Emergency Contact Information -- addresses and phone numbers.
- Documents to be uploaded -- Two proofs of residency, birth certificate, social security card, parent photo ID, immunization forms, eyes/ears/dental forms etc. (can be in any format such as photos (JPEG), PDF, or MS Word.)
If you have any questions or need assistance with creating your parent portal account, please contact one of our Student Information Coordinators:
Deb Slayton, firstname.lastname@example.org, (706) 628-4206 ext. 1413
Jeanie Ponder, email@example.com, (706) 628-4206 ext 1412
Anyone using a residency affidavit to attend Harris County Schools may register/verify online according to the instructions above; however, all residency affidavit online registrations will be placed on hold until a new residency affidavit for the 2023-24 school year is approved in-person with the Harris County School District's Social Services Department. To make an appointment for this in-person Residency Affidavit Meeting, please call the Hope Center at 706-628-4206 Ext. 2301.