Sports Sign ups
Girls & Boys Basketball Summer Workouts
- Rising 6th, 7th & 8th graders
- Summer Workouts = Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays starting June 6. 4p-6p. HCCMS Gym.
- Bring your own water bottle & snack
- Summer workouts are a great opportunity for building fitness & BB skills. However, participation does not guarantee athletes a spot on next year’s team.
- Questions??? Boys: contact Lewis email@example.com Girls: contact Coach T. Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Signup using the following link: https://forms.gle/3XgkwD7t8vsPPyda8
- Current Physical, Medical Release, Concussion & Cardiac Forms are required before students can participate.
- Signups & Forms are due by May 24.
News You Need to Know
Sport Physicals and Medical Release Forms- A current physical, medical release, concussion, and cardiac arrest form MUST be on file in the 8th grade office before your students can tryout or participate in any HCCMS or HCHS sport. For more information or questions please contact the 7th grade office at 706-628-4951 ext. 1715 or by email at email@example.com.
Click on a name to send an email.
Shelly Driskell-Ragan -AD
Darius Moore - Assistant AD
Coach Ricky Lewis (Boys)
Coach Maddie Fuerte (Girls)
Coach Sandy Pirkle
Track & Field:
Coach Jazmin Thomas (girls)
Coach Fox McGhee (boys)
Coach Tamara Johnson
Coach Shelly Driskell-Ragan (D-Ray)
Girls Flag Football:
Sports for 8th graders at HCHS
Softball: Coach Samantha Harrison
Baseball:Coach Steve Westmoreland
Shotgun:Coach Austin Shepherd
Swimming: Coach Mindy Johnson
Harris County Carver Middle School
HCCMS Athletic Fees
All athletes that make a HCCMS Athletic Team will be required to pay an athletic fee of $60.00 per sport. This fee covers payment for team t-shirt ($10), banquet, awards, equipment maintenance, game day officials and security, etc.
If a student/athlete is unable to pay the fee, an alternate plan will be utilized. Please speak with Athletic Director to work out a plan.
Requirements for Participation
A. Physical ExaminationA yearly physical examination is required for participation in any interscholastic athletics, including try-outs. This examination must becompleted by a medical doctor on the form provided by Harris County Carver Middle School and submitted to the coach prior to participation.Physical forms will be kept on file in the athletic director’s office.B. Medical Consent Form (Medical Release Form)Each athlete’s parent/guardian shall complete an Emergency Medical Authorization Form giving permission for treatment by a physician or hospital in the case of an emergency and when the parent/guardian isunavailable.C. InsuranceThe parent or guardian of each athlete must provide proof of medical insurance for each athlete before they may participate.D. Athletic EligibilityStudents must pass 70% of the subjects during the previous semester.