Special Education Services
Welcome to the Special Education Services area of the Harris County School District's web site. We offer a wide range of programs serving students from preschool through age 21 that address a variety of student and family needs and concerns. Our program goals, curriculum and materials are developmentally appropriate and focused towards meeting the individual needs of students. Please contact us if you have questions about any of our services. You will find our address and phone at the bottom of every page.
- Early Childhood Special Education - a program for developmentally delayed 3 - 5 year olds.
- Resource Room Programs - K-12, available in all schools.
- Self-Contained Classrooms - K-12, available upon approval of IEP teams
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Services - including:
- Occupational/Physical Therapy
- Visually Impaired
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Assistive Technology - equipment and systems used to improve the functional capabilities of our students with disabilities.
- Homebound Services - for students as identified by IEP team.
- Transition Services - a variety of services aimed at facilitating life and employment skills development.
Harris County Board of Education 132 Barnes Mill Road Hamilton, Georgia 31811