H O P E Center
In an effort to remove barriers that may impede educational growth, the Harris County School District launched a new initiative four years ago to provide wraparound services for students and resources for families and the community.
The H.O.P.E. Center (Helping Our People Excel), located at 106 Mountain View Road, Hamilton, Georgia 31811, is overseen by the district's Department of Social Services and is the primary location where services are provided.
The HOPE Center is the first in the Chattahoochee region to provide wraparound services for at-risk students, including a food/clothing pantry, mental health services, educational opportunities for parents and students, and confidential space for counseling services.
The H.O.P.E. Center provides the Harris County School system with the following multi-disciplinary services:
- A counseling suite that provides a discreet and comfortable environment for students to be interviewed by the Department of Family and Children Services, local law enforcement, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations, or court services.
- Collaboration with licensed clinicians to provide mental health support to students
- A resource hub where parents and students can obtain food, clothing, and hygiene products
- Classes offered to students and families include financial literacy, career preparation, mental health support, and other identified/pertinent topics.
- Academic support for McKinney-Vento students placed in foster care, providing tutoring and communication channels with school personnel.