• Frequently Asked Questions

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: Can I change my personal information online?

    A: Yes, you may update your personal information in Etrieve.  Click on Etrieve login instructions, and click to begin.  Once you are in Etrieve select Forms and then select Payroll Change Form, you can update a name change, address change, and update other payroll deductions on this form.

    Q: Can I change my elections after the enrollment period has ended?

    A: No, you may not make changes to your benefit elections after your enrollment cycle has ended. The     only time you are allowed to make changes is when you experience a qualified change in family status (sometimes called a "life event"), which include:

    • Marriage or divorce 
    • Death of a dependent child or spouse 
    • Change in your or your spouse´s employment status that results in the loss or gain of the coverage 
    • Birth, adoption, or change in the custody of your child 
    • A change in your dependent´s eligibility due to marriage, age, or loss of dependent status for federal tax purposes

    Your changes must correspond with the life event; for example, when you get married, you can add your spouse to your medical plan, but you can’t suddenly enroll yourself in the dental plan.

    Q: What is the code to enroll in SHBP (health benefits)?

    A: Visit www.myshbpgA:adp.com. Click on Register. The passcode is SHBP-GA:  You must first register, create a user ID and password before continuing with your healthcare elections.

    Q: When will my benefits become effective?

    A: Coverage is effective the first of the month after a full calendar month of employment.

    Example:  Hire date 07-01-2016 coverage effective 08-01-2016

    Example:  Hire date 07-19-2016 coverage effective 09-01-2016

    When you enroll for your benefits, include dependents who need coverage and choose a beneficiary(ies) if you participate in life insurance, AD&D, or a retirement plan.

    Do not miss your enrollment deadline! If you miss your window, you´ll likely have to wait until the next annual enrollment to be covered under company benefits.

    Q: When will I receive my insurance cards?

    A: Insurance cards are issued by the vendors and are mailed to your home address.  Normally it takes 3-4 weeks to process cards.  Your ID cards will include your personal ID, group number, and a member services number to call when you have questions. 

    Carrier Phone Numbers:

    Blue Cross Blue Shield: 855-641-4862

    United Health Care: 888-364-6352

    Kaiser Permanente: 855-512-5997

    BCBS Dental: 800-627-0004

    BCBS Vision: 866-723-0515

    Q: When are the premiums for benefits deducted from my paycheck?

    A: Benefits are paid one month before the coverage effective date.

    Example one:  Hire date 07-01-2016 coverage effective 08-01-2016; therefore, deductions are taken from your July paycheck(s).

    If the payroll deadline occurs before, double deductions will be taken from your August paycheck(s).

    Example two:  Hire date 07-19-2016 coverage effective 09-01-2016; therefore, deductions are taken from your August paycheck(s).  If the payroll deadline occurs before, double deductions will be taken from your September paycheck(s).

    Q: How can I see what benefits I currently have? Where can I go online to view this information?

    A: You can view your current elections by logging in to the InfinityHR website: infinityhr.com/Login

    Q: How do I know if my doctor or hospital participates in the network?

    A: You may call your doctor or the hospital to inquire about their network participation. You may also go directly to your plan administrator (i.e., UHC, BCBS, etc.). Most networks have an up-to-date online directory or an 800 number you can call for assistance. Check the back of your ID card to locate the Member Services telephone number.

    Q: Will all of my benefits be deducted from my retirement check?

    A: Only Medical insurance will be deducted from your state retirement check.

    Q: What benefits continue into retirement?

    A: Medical continues automatically.

    Q: I turned in my sick leave certification. Why has it not been sent to TRS?

    A: Sick leave certification cannot be reported to TRS until employee works their last day of employment with the district.

    When will HCSD send me my retirement check?

    A: Your retirement check is sent from the state of Georgia:  You either have: 

    1. Teachers Retirement System (TRS); trsgA:com; 404-352-6500
    2. Public School Employees Retirement System (PSERS); ers.gA:gov; 404-350-6300

     Q: Can I withdraw money from my retirement plan?

     A: Regardless if you have TRS or PSERS, while you are an active employee, you can't withdraw money from your retirement plan.

    Q: I have misplaced my child's birth certificate. How do I obtain a certified copy?

    A: Each state has an agency that is responsible for vital records. Contact the agency for the state in which your child was born. Provided below are links to the Harris County Health Department, Georgia Department of Vital Records, and VitalChek.

    Harris County Health Department – (706)-628-5780


    Georgia Department of Human Resources/Vital Records - (404) 679-4701




    (Note: If a student was born in Georgia, the Harris County Health Department might be able to provide a birth certificate.) Picture ID required and request must be an immediate family member Cost $25.00

    Q: I have misplaced my child's social security card. How do I obtain a copy?

    A: An application for a social security card will need to be completed and taken to a local Social Security Administration office along with other required documents. Listed below is the link to download the application.

    Social Security Administration - (800) 772-1213


    Q: How do I obtain a Georgia Immunization Form and/or EED (Eye, Ear & Dental) Form?

    A: Contact your child's (Georgia) medical provider or visit the Harris County Health Department. If you have completed forms from another state, you must visit the Harris County Health Department or another Georgia medical provider to have the information translated to the approved Georgia forms.

    Q: I rented or purchased my home within the last 30 days and have not yet received a utility bill. What documentation do I need to provide?

    A: Contact your local utility company to obtain documentation that service is pending. Be sure that this document states the physical address of the residence.

    Q: I live with someone else and do not have any utilities in my name. What documentation do I need to provide?

    A: The person with whom your family is living must provide two proofs of their residency and complete an Affidavit of Residency. Please contact the Harris County School District Central Office with any questions. Phone: 706-628-4206

    Q: Are cell phone bills accepted as proof of residence?

    A: Cell phone bills are not accepted as valid proof of residence. Telephone, electric, water, gas, satellite, or cable bills that include the physical address of the residence are accepted.

    Q: I do not have a copy of my utility bill. How do I obtain a copy?

    A: Contact your local utility company or print a copy of your most recent e-bill. Links are provided below for some local utility companies.

    Harris County Water Works

    Address11505 GA-315, Cataula, GA 31804

    HoursOpen ⋅ Closes 5 PM

    Phone(706) 324-1175


    Harris County Registrar Office

    Address104 N College St, Hamilton, GA 31811

    HoursOpen ⋅ Closes 4:30 PM

    Phone(706) 628-5399


    Diverse Power

    Address1400 S Davis Rd, LaGrange, GA 30241

    HoursOpen ⋅ Closes 5 PM

    Phone(706) 845-2000