2021-2022 Harris County School District
NEW! Pre-K Online Pre-Registration Process for Parents
Good news! Mark your calendar for Wednesday, April 7, 2021 for PRE-registration for the HCSD Pre-K program.
Note: The Pre-K program is administered and monitored through the Georgia Bright from the Start program of the Department of Early Care and Learning and limited spots are available. The Harris County School District must follow the requirements set forth by the Georgia Bright from the Start officials.
- Harris County Pre-K serves students residing in Harris County, Georgia.
- Pre-K students must be four (4) years old by or on September 1, 2021.
- Pre-K students must be willing to attend in person (At this time, no virtual option will be offered for HCSD Pre-K.)
- Pre-K students must be registered for the school in their home school attendance zone AND must reside in Harris County OR must be a child of a current HCSD employee.
- To ensure that parents are choosing the correct school, prior to online registration, contact the Transportation Department at (706) 628-4206, ext. 1301/1306/1307.
Step 1: PRE-Registration process for the 2021-2022 Pre-K Program begins at 7:00 A.M. on Wednesday, April 7, 2021.
- Visit www.harriscountyschools.org for link to complete the pre-registration form. (Link will not be live until April 7th.) Pre-registration can be completed on any web-enabled device with internet access such as cell phones, iPads/tablets, laptops, and computers.
- If you DO NOT HAVE a web-enabled device or access to the internet, you can visit the HOPE Center at 106 Mountain Creek Drive in Hamilton on Wednesday, April 7, 2021 between 7:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. to complete the online form using school devices and/or internet connection. A limited number of devices will be available.
- The online pre-registration process will generate a list of students in the order the pre-registrations were submitted online with a date and time stamp. Spots are limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis in the same order as pre-registration forms are received online. Completing the pre-registration process DOES NOT guarantee a spot in the Pre-K program.
- The pre-registration window will remain open until all classes have been filled. At this point, anyone who registers will be added to the waiting list.
- Note: If a student is pre-registered for the incorrect school zone, the student's name will be placed at the bottom of the pre-registration list/wait-list for the school in which they are zoned. Please only pre-register your child ONE time.
- After the pre-registration window closes, parents will be notified within 2-3 weeks either by phone, email, and/or U.S. mail of their child's acceptance into the HCSD's Pre-K Program.
Step 2: Once notified of acceptance into the Pre-K Program, parents will complete the HCSD's Online Registration Process (OLR)
Please gather the following information prior to beginning the OLR process:
- Household Information- address, phone numbers, TWO proofs of residency dated within the past 60 days, including car tag, voter registration, mortgage statement or lease agreement, power bill, water bill, gas bill, or landline phone bill
- Parent Information- work and cell phone numbers, VALID government-issued photo ID, and email address(es)
- Student Information- demographic (including birth certificate and social security card) and health/medication information
- Emergency Contact Information- names, addresses and phone numbers
- REQUIRED documents to be uploaded in the OLR: Two (2) proofs of residency and valid government-issued photo identification can be in any format such as photos (JPEG), PDF, or MS Word. Please ensure documents are legible.
Step 3: During the school's 2021-2022 registration window, take the following additional required documentation to your child's assigned school. These documents must be submitted in order for your child to attend school.
- A “certified” copy (with original signature and seal of the issuing office) of the child’s birth certificate
- Georgia Immunization Form 3231
- Georgia Dental/Hearing/Vision/Screening Form 3300
- Social Security Card (requested)
- If applicable, verification of child’s participation in:
- Food Stamps, TANF, and/or CAPS program
Any questions pertaining to PRE-registration process for Pre-K can be directed to the Department of Academic Support at (706) 628-4206, Ext. 2301 or 1213.