2022-2023 HARRIS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Pre-K Application, Sign-Up Day, and Registration
The Harris County School District's Pre-Kindergarten program must follow the requirements set forth by the Georgia Bright from the Start officials, and limited spots are available. The HCSD's Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) program provides children, four years of age, with foundational skills needed to prepare them for kindergarten. Seats are limited by the state and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Harris County Pre-K serves students residing in Harris County, Georgia.
- Pre-K students must be four (4) years old by or on September 1, 2022.
- Pre-K students must be willing to attend in person (At this time, no virtual option will be offered for HCSD Pre-K.)
- Pre-K students must be registered for the school in their home school attendance zone AND must reside in Harris County OR must be a child of a current HCSD employee.
- To ensure that parents are choosing the correct school, prior to online registration, contact the Transportation Department at (706) 628-4206, ext. 1301/1306/1307.
Changes for 2022-2023: a NEW 3-STEP PROCESS designed to ensure that applicants meet the required eligibility for the HCSD Pre-K program prior to Sign-Up Day.
STEP ONE: Submit Pre-K-Application for approval (February 14 - March 30, 2022)
STEP TWO: Approved applicants Sign-up for Pre-K on TUESDAY, APRIL 12, 2022 AT 7:00 a.m. Spots will be filled in the order they are electronically received on SIGN-UP DAY.
STEP THREE: Once accepted, complete Harris County Online Registration (OLR) by April 30, 2022.
Step One: Application
ELIGIBILITY: Any child who is a resident of Harris County and four years of age, on or before September 1, 2022, is considered eligible.
WINDOW TO SUBMIT PRE-K APPLICATION:
Open date: February 14, 2022 Close date: March 30, 2022
PRE-K APPLICATION LINK:
- Go to the link provided (www.harris.k12.ga.us/roundup) to complete the Pre-K Application.
- Once approved, you will receive an email with a SIGN-UP DAY link for STEP TWO.
- If you NEED HELP with application/technology, contact THE H.O.P.E. CENTER at 706-628-4206 Ext. 2306 or 2301.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE PRE-K APPLICATION:*
- Proof of child’s age: child's birth certificate
- Parent Identification: Valid government-issued ID (i.e. Driver’s License)
- TWO (2) Proofs of residency: Lease/mortgage statement, vehicle registration, voter registration, utility bill, land-line phone bill, etc. (Bills must be within the last 60 days.)
*You will be required to re-upload vital documents when completing the official On-Line Registration.
Step Two: Pre-K Sign-Up Day
- Once your application is approved, you will receive an email with a link for SIGN-UP DAY. (Please verify that your email is accurate before submitting your application.)
- “Sign Up Day” is for APPROVED applicants only. The link will go LIVE at 7:00 a.m. on TUESDAY, April 12, 2022. This link will be time stamped, and spots will be filled in the order they are received on SIGN-UP DAY!
- Need Assistance? Contact the H.O.P.E. CENTER at 706-628-4206 Ext. 2306. We can help!
The District will notify parent/guardian of acceptance or wait-list status by email on or before April 15, 2022.
Step Three: Online Registration (OLR)
Once accepted into the Pre-K program, to secure your child’s Pre-K spot go to https://harris.k12.ga.us to complete your Online Registration (OLR) no later than April 30, 2022.
Gather the following information prior to beginning the Application and OLR process:
- Household Information- address, phone numbers, TWO proofs of residency dated within the past 60 days, including vehicle registration, voter registration, mortgage statement or lease agreement, power bill, water bill, gas bill, or landline phone bill
- Parent Information- work and cell phone numbers, VALID government-issued photo ID, and email address(es)
- Student Information- demographic (including birth certificate and social security card) and health/medication information
- Emergency Contact Information- names, addresses and phone numbers
- REQUIRED documents to be uploaded in the OLR: Two (2) proofs of residency and valid government-issued photo identification can be in any format such as photos (JPEG), PDF, or MS Word. Please ensure documents are legible.
During the school's 2022-2023 registration window, take the following additional required documentation to your child's assigned school. These documents must be submitted in order for your child to attend school.
- A “certified” copy (with original signature and seal of the issuing office) of the child’s birth certificate
- Georgia Immunization Form 3231
- Georgia Dental/Hearing/Vision/Screening Form 3300
- Social Security Card (requested)
- If applicable, verification of child’s participation in:
- Food Stamps, TANF, and/or CAPS program
Any questions pertaining to the HCSD Pre-K Program can be directed to the Department of Academic Support at (706) 628-4206, Ext. 2301 or 1213.